- Associated Press - Thursday, October 5, 2017

EAST HAMPTON, Conn. (AP) - Officials say an unattended pressure cooker likely caused the fire that cut short a reception at a Connecticut wedding venue earlier this year.

The couple was in the middle of cutting the cake at the banquet hall at St. Clements Castle and Marina on June 25 when staff alerted guests to a fire in a nearby building.

The Middletown Press reports (https://bit.ly/2fTbQOz ) that East Hampton fire officials released the results of their investigation this week, saying the fire was accidental.

One employee suffered minor injuries in the fire. No guests were hurt.

The building was heavily damaged.


Information from: The Middletown Press, https://www.middletownpress.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide