- Associated Press - Sunday, October 8, 2017

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - A South Carolina man has died after firefighters pulled him from an apartment fire.

Charleston Fire Marshal Mike Jaluzadeh says firefighters who extinguished the blaze about 2:30 a.m. Sunday found a man unconscious in a bedroom. The unidentified man died at a local hospital.

An initial investigation shows the fire started at the kitchen stove, which was likely on, and spread to the cabinets, filling the apartment with smoke.

Investigators do not know whether the victim was cooking and left the kitchen or whether he’d forgotten to turn the stove off.

Julazadeh says the three-story building did not have a sprinkler system.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide