- Associated Press - Tuesday, September 12, 2017

DANBURY, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut fire officials say a man fell from a roof and became impaled on a barbecue grill rotisserie stand, seriously injuring himself.

Crews were called Tuesday morning to the Danbury social club, where authorities say a man fell about 10 feet (3 meters) and landed on the metal object. It punctured part of his chest.

Witnesses tell The News-Times that the man had been inspecting an exhaust fan on the roof.

Authorities say responders used a saw to cut the beam off the grill while paramedics kept the metal in the man’s chest so he could be taken to the hospital. The man in his 30s will undergo surgery to have the object removed.

A safety specialist with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration was at the scene.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide