- Associated Press - Friday, September 15, 2017

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Authorities say a carbon monoxide poisoning victim is the first death from Hurricane Irma in North Carolina.

Gov. Roy Cooper’s office said the man was found dead Tuesday in his Henderson County home.

Authorities he was using a generator to power his home after the winds from Irma knocked out electricity.


TOP STORIES
Bill Clinton leak exposes Democrats' double standard on impeachment
Student says teacher yanked 'Women for Trump' pin off chest, files police report: 'It's not OK'
Nadler rejects Republican demands for minority hearing on impeachment


The man’s name was not released.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide