- Associated Press - Friday, September 15, 2017

BRATTLEBORO, Vt. (AP) - Fire officials say a Vermont motel fire was caused by a cat that knocked over a lit candle.

The Brattleboro Reformer reports (https://bit.ly/2fovChj ) several fire departments responded to the blaze at Molly Stark Motel in Brattleboro Thursday morning.

Crews were able to get the second alarm fire under control by noon.


TOP STORIES
Train company claps back at Greta Thunberg over floor pic, notes 'first class' seat
Rand Paul fears impeachment will 'dumb down and destroy the country'
Russia tables turn, roping Clinton, Obama, Holder, not Trump


One woman who was staying at the motel has been hospitalized for smoke inhalation, and three cats died.

Motel owner Terry Bonnette says there were between 25 and 28 guests staying at the motel. He says the front of the building likely suffered heavy damage.



___

Information from: Brattleboro Reformer, https://www.reformer.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide