- Associated Press - Saturday, September 16, 2017

PHOENIX (AP) - A 48-year-old Arizona man hospitalized for a week after being bitten twice by a rattlesnake he was holding says he “ain’t gonna play with snakes no more.”

Victor Pratt of Coolidge told the Arizona Republic (https://goo.gl/LChrmJ ) that the rattler slipped out of his grasp as he showed it off to friends and family after finding the snake on his property.

Pratt says he was bitten once when he was 19 so he knew he needed to go to a hospital immediately.


TOP STORIES
Mitch McConnell: 'No chance' that Trump is removed from office
Student's bus beating seen by millions on Twitter; mom says pro-Trump hat sparked attack
Obama DOJ declined 'defensive briefing' for Trump campaign on Russia


He’s been undergoing treatment with antivenin, first being treated at a local hospital and then transferred to Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix.

Banner’s toxicology director, Dr. Steven Curry, says prompt medical attention is vital because rattlesnake venom is toxic and can cause swelling that can block air passages.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide