- Associated Press - Monday, September 25, 2017

ATLANTA (AP) - An 80-year-old man and his 79-year-old wife have died in an accidental house fire in Georgia.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that a Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner official believes the blaze was caused from an electrical malfunction and determined it started in the attic. The early Sunday fire destroyed the couple’s Douglas County home and investigators found no signs of a working smoke inside.

Spokesman Glenn Allen says Boyd Weese and his wife Evelyn Weese died at their Lithia Springs house.


TOP STORIES
Robert De Niro spends SAG speech on politics: 'If I have a bigger voice ... I'm going to use it'
Trump asks nation to pray over his impeachment, says he's done nothing wrong
Navy to name aircraft carrier for Pearl Harbor hero Dorie Miller


___

Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, https://www.ajc.com



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide