- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 25, 2018

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Authorities say someone caused the blaze that damaged a Boise bandstand, but they’re unsure if the fire was started intentionally.

The Idaho Statesman reports Boise firefighters extinguished a blaze at the band shell in Julia Davis Park on Monday evening.

The fire primarily damaged the roof of the structure, leaving large holes in sections as clay tiles were displaced by firefighting efforts.

Authorities say fire investigators have ruled out an electrical malfunction as sparking the blaze.

Boise police are investigating to determine if the fire was accidental or intentional.

Boise Parks and Recreation officials say the band shell is reserved for about 20 park events each year.

The band shell was dedicated in 1928 and later renamed to honor jazz musician Gene Harris.

___

Information from: Idaho Statesman, http://www.idahostatesman.com


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide