- Associated Press - Wednesday, December 26, 2018

CHESTER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A 68-year-old western Michigan woman has died after suffering burns when her bathrobe caught fire Christmas Day.

Mary Menn dropped a cigarette Tuesday on the bathrobe she was wearing in her Chester Township home, northwest of Grand Rapids.

The Ottawa County sheriffs’ office said Menn had limited mobility. Her husband pulled her to the floor to smother the flames. He also called 911.

Menn died Tuesday night at a hospital.

The blaze was being investigated as accidental.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide