- Associated Press - Thursday, December 27, 2018

CHAMBERS, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say a 93-year-old woman died in an explosion and fire at her home in northern Nebraska.

The Holt County attorney’s office says firefighters, medics and sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the home near Chambers on Sunday evening. Investigators blamed the blast on a propane gas release inside the residence.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy determined she died of injuries suffered in the explosion and fire. Her name hasn’t been released.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide