- Associated Press - Friday, December 28, 2018

FRANKLIN, N.H. (AP) - Fire officials say one person was airlifted to a Boston hospital while another was treated for burn injuries locally after a fire in New Hampshire.

Franklin firefighters say they responded to the two-story home Thursday evening on reports of heavy smoke and fire. The Concord Monitor reports the fire was contained to the kitchen and was quickly knocked down.

Franklin Fire Chief Kevin LaChapelle says the fire was caused by cooking grease on the stovetop.

On resident suffered respiratory burns and smoke inhalation, while another suffered minor burns. LaChapelle says two pets also made it out alive.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide