- Associated Press - Sunday, February 18, 2018

MARTINEZ, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a firefighter was injured when flames swept through five units at an apartment building in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Contra Costa County fire officials say the blaze early Sunday in Martinez was started when a resident left a hot stove unattended.

The San Francisco Chronicle says one firefighter was hospitalized with unknown injuries. Nobody else was hurt.

Residents have been displaced from the five damaged apartments.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide