- Associated Press - Sunday, February 18, 2018

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - A 30-year-old Idaho man accused of shooting at an officer last month is back in custody after he left a Boise-area hospital.

Idaho State Police told KBOI 2News that Jesus Malagon, who had been recovering after being struck by police gunfire Jan. 30 in Shoshone, left St. Alphonsus hospital last week.

ISP spokesman Tim Marsano says a federal warrant for Malagon was issued for his involvement in the shooting. He was taken into custody Friday.

Troopers say the 30-year-old got out of his vehicle after being pulled over for a traffic violation and started shooting at the officer. The officer returned fire and hit Malagon.

The officer was not hit.


Information from: KBOI-TV, http://www.kboi2.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide