- Associated Press - Sunday, February 18, 2018

MOSES LAKE, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a Washington woman suffered severe burns after gasoline fumes ignited when gas was being pumped into a garbage can in a car’s backseat.

KOMO-TV reports the Grant County Sheriff’s Office says the woman, who was a passenger early Saturday morning at a Cascade Valley Grocery convenience store, was smoking a cigarette, which ignited the flames.

Deputies later found a large amount of marijuana in the car’s trunk.

A bystander took the woman to Samaritan Healthcare in Moses Lake.

The male driver who was pumping the gas ran away.

___

Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide