- The Washington Times - Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A bedroom blaze in the home of former President Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary had to be extinguished in Chappaqua, New York, on Wednesday.

New Castle police say a fire needed to be extinguished this week inside the home purchased nearly 20 years ago by the Clintons. No injuries were reported.

Details were not provided as to property damage at the 1.1 acre estate.

The couple purchased the home in 1999 for $1.7 million, an affiliate of USA Today reported Wednesday.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide