- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 3, 2018

WAMEGO, Kan. (AP) - The State Fire Marshal says a 35-year-old Wamego man died in a house fire in Pottawatomie County.

The victim of a fire on Dec. 26 was identified Wednesday as Wade Stewart Parkhurst, whose body was found inside the house. Five other people in the house were able to escape the fire.

The fire marshal’s office said in a news release that his death was caused by toxic gases from the fire. No foul play is suspected.

The blaze began in the home’s basement in an area where several electronic components were located.

The property is a total loss, with estimated damage of more than $350,000.

The fire marshal’s office and the St. George Fire Department investigated the fire.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide