- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 26, 2018

COVENTRY, R.I. (AP) - Fire officials in Coventry say an improperly vented hot water heater was the cause of a carbon monoxide leak that sent six members of a family to hospitals.

Firefighters responding to the home on Sisson Road at about 1 a.m. on Tuesday detected what were called dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials say four adults and two children were brought to two area hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning. All are expected to recover.

___

Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide