- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 26, 2018

COVENTRY, R.I. (AP) - A family in Rhode Island has escaped what fire officials are calling “deadly range” carbon monoxide levels.

WPRI-TV reports six family members in Coventry have been transported to area hospitals Tuesday early morning with carbon monoxide poisoning after one person woke up feeling sick and alerted the others.

Western Coventry Fire District Captain Robert Mann says the home did not have detectors.

He says if the family had returned to bed, he guarantees “there would’ve been six fatalities,” in the morning.

Mann says carbon monoxide levels reached 500 parts-per-million, a “deadly range” The cause of the leak was an improperly installed water heater.



___

Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide