- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 26, 2018

HAYWARD, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a detective in the San Francisco Bay Area has been saved after being exposed to a potentially lethal cloud of the drug fentanyl during an investigation.

The Alameda County Sheriff’s Department says the detective and a sergeant became ill after they apparently inhaled microscopic particles of fentanyl dust Friday while conducting a drug investigation in a Hayward motel room.

The detective became unconscious and had breathing problems. The sergeant gave him two emergency doses of the overdose-fighting medicine Narcan and he regained consciousness.

Both men were taken to the hospital and are expected to recover.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide