- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 27, 2018

HARTFORD, Vt. (AP) - Fire officials in Vermont say a blaze that badly damaged a former antique store started in the lower level of the building.

Valley News reports Hartford Fire Chief Scott Cooney said Monday officials still weren’t sure what sparked the blaze at Heirloom Antique Center & Furniture Hospital in Hartford last week.

The building was recently sold. The new owners of the property had planned to develop a gym at the site.

Cooney expects the investigation to continue for several weeks.

___



Information from: Lebanon Valley News, http://www.vnews.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide