- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 21, 2018

MIDDLETOWN, Del. (AP) - Authorities say an accidental fire at an Amazon warehouse in Delaware resulted in an estimated $1,000 in damages to stock selection of product.

Delaware State Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio told WDEL-FM that the Tuesday night fire was caused by static electricity igniting leaking vapor from a container of assorted aerosol cans in the Amazon Fulfillment Center’s processing area.

Although fire crews responded, Chionchio says the facility’s sprinkler system extinguished the flames. No one was injured.

___

Information from: WDEL-FM, http://www.wdel.com/



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide