- Associated Press - Wednesday, May 9, 2018

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - The city of Hartford, Connecticut, has settled a lawsuit against developers and others accused of defrauding taxpayers out of hundreds of thousands of dollars in a failed effort to build a professional soccer stadium.

The Hartford Courant reports the city has recovered more than $500,000 associated with the fraud. Mayor Luke Bronin said Wednesday the city is owed more, but he doesn’t think developers James Duckett and Mitchell Anderson will be able to pay it back.

Duckett was convicted in federal court last year and sentenced to 36 months in prison. Anderson pleaded guilty and testified against Duckett. He received a six-month sentence.

Bronin says the settlement closes “an unfortunate chapter in Hartford’s history.”

___



Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide