The Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes will kick off their first-round Stanley Cup Playoff series Thursday, April 11 at Capital One Arena.
Five games are slated to kick off the NHL postseason Wednesday, April 10, with the Capitals and Hurricanes the following day along with two other series.
Here is Washington’s full seven-game schedule, released by the league Sunday morning:
- Game 1 at Capital One Arena: Thursday, April 11, 7:30 p.m.
- Game 2 at Capital One Arena: Saturday, April 13, 3 p.m.
- Game 3 at PNC Arena, Raleigh, N.C.: Monday, April 15, 7 p.m.
- Game 4 at PNC Arena, Raleigh, N.C.: Thurdsay, April 18, 7 p.m.
- Game 5 at Capital One Arena (if necessary): Saturday, April 20
- Game 6 at PNC Arena (if necessary): Monday, April 22
- Game 7 at Capital One Arena (if necessary): Wednesday, April 24
Game 1 will be available on NBC Sports Washington and nationally on the USA Network, while Game 2 is a Saturday afternoon tilt broadcast on NBC. NBC Sports Washington will have Games 3 and 4 as well.
The Capitals finished the regular season 48-26-8 (104 standings points) and won the Metropolitan Division for the fourth straight year. Their opponent wasn’t decided until Saturday night, when each team completed its regular season.
The Pittsburgh Penguins earned a point with an overtime loss in their season finale, eking out Carolina for the third spot in the Metro. The Hurricanes winning kept themselves ahead of the Columbus Blue Jackets for the first wild card spot in the East.
The full Stanley Cup Playoff bracket looks like this:
Tickets are on sale for Games 1 and 2 in the District.