- Associated Press - Thursday, February 14, 2019

NEW YORK (AP) — A small fire caused by an overheated vape pen battery delayed a Houston-bound flight from New York’s LaGuardia airport.

The incident occurred on Wednesday during the boarding of a SkyWest flight operating as s Delta Connection.

Video posted online shows a flight attendant using a fire extinguisher on a flaming bag, which was in an overhead storage bin.

A passenger, Rex Sakamoto of New York City, tells WCBS someone yelled “fire” and there was a smell “like a campfire.”

An airline statement says passengers “deplaned routinely” and continued on a different aircraft.

___

Information from: WCBS-TV, http://www.cbs2ny.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide