- Associated Press - Thursday, January 10, 2019

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - Fire officials in Fargo have ruled accidental a fire that forced the evacuation of residents in 24 apartments at a senior living facility last week.

Fire Marshal Ryan Erickson said Thursday natural gas leaking from near the gas meter entered the Riverview Apartment Complex and was ignited in a nearby mechanical room.

The fire broke out shortly after 6 p.m. Friday. No residents or firefighters were hurt. An employee who tried to put out the blaze was taken to a hospital as a precaution.

The gas had to be shut off before the fire could be extinguished.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide