- Associated Press - Saturday, June 8, 2019

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) - Firefighters called to a house fire in Battle Creek rescued two small residents who got left behind in the smoke-filled home.

Police say the firefighters saved two pet sugar gliders from the burning home Thursday. The small marsupials are native to Australia, New Guinea and some Indonesian islands, and can glide like flying squirrels.

WWMT-TV reports that firefighters moved the animals from the home to safety and successfully treated them with oxygen.

Police say a faulty surge protector caused a heating lamp to ignite a wooden cage inside the home.

No one was injured in the fire.



___

Information from: WWMT-TV, http://www.wwmt.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide