- Associated Press - Monday, March 11, 2019

OPELOUSAS, La. (AP) - The Louisiana State Fire Marshal’s Office says a 70-year-old woman has died in a house fire.

Spokeswoman Ashley Rodrigue says Patricia Stephens‘ body was found in bed after the Opelousas (op-uh-LOO-suhs) Fire Department was called early Sunday.

Rodrigue said in a news release that the fire started in the kitchen, and investigators think electrical factors contributed.

She says investigators didn’t find any smoke alarms in the house.

Rodrigue identified Stephens in an email Monday. She said Stephens would have turned 71 next week.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide