- Associated Press - Tuesday, May 21, 2019

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Authorities in a Las Vegas suburb say a 63-year-old man has died following a house fire started when he used a propane torch to exterminate bugs in a crawl space under the home.

The Henderson Fire Department said in a statement said firefighters responding to the fire Tuesday evening removed the man from the crawl space where his use of the torch accidentally ignited combustible materials.

The man’s identity will be released by the Clark County Coroner’s Office.

The fire displaced a woman and a dog.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide