By Associated Press - Monday, October 14, 2019

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Corrections has released details about a violent weekend at the state’s juvenile prison in northern Wisconsin that left one guard with a broken nose.

The state says 26 inmates were involved in a string of disturbances Sept. 28 and 29 at Lincoln Hills School for Boys. The Journal Sentinel says in one case a juvenile is facing charges for trying to choke a guard. Another guard had his nose broken and others suffered knee and shoulder injuries.

On Sept. 29, a tactical unit from an adult prison was summoned to help keep order.



The disturbances come just weeks after a court-ordered monitor toured the facility and said substantial improvements had been made. The prison has been the subject of multiple lawsuits.

___

Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Story Topics

Please read our comment policy before commenting.