Cancel culture activists have decided to step into the online ring with Sylvester Stallone over his Mar-a-Lago membership.
The man who played Rocky Balboa, John Rambo, Barney Ross and Marion Cobretti made online activists and ideologues apoplectic on Monday as news spread of his membership at former President Trump’s exclusive club.
“Stallone” and “Rambo” trended on Twitter with insults and vows to boycott the upcoming “Suicide Squad” movie, which features a Sly-voiced version of “King Shark.”
A sampling of the online vitriol aimed at the iconic actor within the “Stallone” hashtag includes:
- “Great. Another person I need to stop being a fan of. #Stallone”
- “Dull minds think alike. Trump and the Stallones make a good team.”
- “The Rocky franchise, before Coogler and the Creed movies changed things, is a testament to white supremacy. I don’t know why anyone would be surprised #Stallone is a Trump guy.”
- Cancel #stallone once and for all!
- “Go f— yourself @TheSlyStallone and every single member of that nazi club you just joined.”
- “I always instinctively knew #stallone was a cretin.”
The trending hashtags come one day after the 74-year-old actor was seen taking pictures with happy guests.
“Sly just became a member of Mar-a-Lago,” a source told the New York Post over the weekend.