- The Washington Times - Monday, April 26, 2021

Project Veritas filed a defamation lawsuit Monday against CNN claiming that the cable news network allowed the airing of “false statements” about the guerrilla journalism outfit’s work.
 
The federal filing focused on a Feb. 14 statement by CNN host Ana Cabrera, who said that Project Veritas had been permanently banned from Twitter three days earlier as part of a “crackdown to try to stop the spread of misinformation.”
 
Project Veritas was booted on Feb. 11 from the platform for “posting private information,” according to Twitter, referring to an interview outside a Facebook executive’s home.
 
“Cabrera knew what she was reporting was false,” said Project Veritas in a press release. “Just days earlier, Cabrera had tweeted that the ban was in fact for an alleged violation of Twitter’s privacy policies – not for misinformation as Cabrera stated.”
 
Mr. O’Keefe sued Twitter for defamation last week in New York state court after his own account was removed April 15 for allegedly operating “fake accounts,” which he denied.
 
“All of this is in a lawsuit that we have filed in New York state,” Mr. O’Keefe said on Fox’s “Sunday Morning Futures.” “And, again, for those of you who think I’m bluffing or these lawsuits don’t matter, Project Veritas has never lost a lawsuit in our corporate history because we don’t settle.”
 
Project Veritas has also sued the New York Times for defamation, which the newspaper denies. A state judge refused last month the paper’s request to dismiss the case.

The Washington Times has reached out to CNN for comment.

“Perhaps the greatest irony here is everyone in the media accuses us of misinformation when that is precisely what they do,” said Mr. O’Keefe in a video.



 

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide