- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 23, 2021

NEW SHARON, Maine (AP) - An 85-year-old man suffered burns over 80% of his body when he accidentally set himself on fire, officials said.

John Gill, of New Sharon, was burning trash in a barrel when he added gasoline, causing flames to erupt early Monday evening, the fire marshal’s office said.

Gill, who was critically injured, was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland by a LifeFlight helicopter due to his injuries.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide