- The Washington Times - Thursday, May 21, 2026

President Trump said he’ll try to attend the wedding of his son Don Jr. this weekend, but negotiations on a peace deal with Iran might thwart his plans.

Mr. Trump told reporters that his son would like him to attend what is scheduled to be a “small little private affair” of a wedding between the younger Trump and Bettina Anderson, at a location reportedly in the Bahamas.

“I’m going to try and make it. I’m in the midst … this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things,” he said.



The president said, “That’s one I can’t win on. If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed by the fake news.”

Mr. Trump described Ms. Anderson as someone he has known for a long time and “hopefully they’re going to have a great marriage.”

Mr. Trump Jr. and Ms. Anderson are expected to wed in the Bahamas this weekend. The wedding comes at a time when Vanessa Trump, Don Jr.’s ex-wife, announced on social media she was just diagnosed with breast cancer.

“While this isn’t news anyone expects, I’m working closely with my medical team on a treatment plan,” she wrote in an Instagram post. “I would like to thank my doctors for performing a procedure earlier this week on me.”

She and Don Jr. were married from 2005 to 2018, and they share five children: 19-year-old Kai, 17-year-old Donald, 14-year-old Tristan, 13-year-old Spencer and Chloe, 11.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Mr. Trump Jr. and his ex-wife reportedly have a friendly relationship. Vanessa Trump is now dating golfer Tiger Woods.

Mr. Trump Jr., 48, and Ms. Anderson, 39, became engaged in December when he proposed to her at Camp David.

Contact the author

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.