- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
California building explosion
A suspected natural gas explosion at a Los Angeles welding shop collapsed part of the building, killing one person and injuring another.
Los Angeles Fire Department firefighters are shown at a building site where a suspected natural gas explosion occurred Friday, July 30, 2010 in Los Angeles. The explosion collapsed part of the building and hurled two workers into the street, killing one and leaving the other in critical condition, fire officials said. (AP Photo/Nick Ut)