- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
Question of the Day
State police are investigating the crash.
Man leaves estate to Frederick society
A Frederick native who traveled the world collecting art and antiques has left his entire estate, worth more than $1 million, to the Historical Society of Frederick County, the organization has announced.
“For the first time in five or six years, we’re debt free,” Mr. Hudson said.
He said Mr. Reed left Frederick as a young man and lived abroad for many years before returning to settle in Washington, where he died in June 2005 at age 75. Mr. Reed had no children and apparently never married, Mr. Hudson said.
“Dave indicated he would leave some furniture from his estate,” Mr. Hudson said.
Woman gets year for ‘negligent parenting’
A Cecil County woman who authorities said left her daughter in an unsafe home has been sentenced to a year in prison.
Beth Jackson, 36, was charged under the state’s negligent parenting law, called “rendering a child in need of assistance.”
Court records show Jackson allowed her 6-year-old daughter to spend weekends with her estranged husband, Robert Jackson Jr., whose dirty home included dog feces and a faulty furnace that leaked carbon monoxide.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- GOP Rep. Tim Murphy rolls out mental health legislation
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- White House faces press revolt over access to Obama's South Africa flight
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Communities writers read and review current and past books of note. Also, news and views focusing on print and online media.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow