- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
College Basketball Report
Skinny: This one doesn’t need much explanation. The Blue Devils, whose talent coupled with perimeter reliance is reminiscent of 2006 Villanova and 2007 Oregon (both Elite Eight teams), have earned a top-five ranking for the 11th straight season. Meanwhile, the Tar Heels remain a legitimate national title contender. None of that will matter next week, when the Tobacco Road titans could meet as top-five foes for the first time since Feb. 1, 2001.
” Patrick Stevens
64 PLUS ONE
There are eight Big East teams in this field, with three more (Villanova, Providence, Syracuse) just on the outside. It isn’t so much that many of these teams are great, but rather there are a lot of solid-but-not-spectacular squads in what is an underwhelming season across the country. Even with that depth, at this stage it’s hard to view anyone in the Big East besides Georgetown as a Final Four threat.
1. North Carolina
7. Kansas State
9. Ohio State
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow