- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Austin Peay
Labels can be deceiving.
In other action Saturday, Virginia beat Elon 2-0 in Charlottesville and Virginia Tech downed Coastal Carolina 9-1 in an elimination game in Blacksburg.
Frank Beamer has been the face of the Virginia Tech football program for 26 years. Not that Michael Holmes noticed.
He didn't need to return the shoe.
With the offense struggling, Virginia Tech turned to its old friend — special teams — for a pair of big plays to spark a 42-7 victory over Austin Peay on Saturday.
No. 1 Alabama (1-0) vs. Western Kentucky (1-0), 3:30 p.m. (SEC Network)
Southern California's Matt Barkley needed just one throw to show why he is a favorite for the Heisman Trophy.
Doug Marrone, Charlie Strong, Skip Holtz, Butch Jones, Greg Schiano, Dana Holgorsen, Paul Pasqualoni and Todd Graham have something in common, and it's music to the ears of Big East commissioner John Marinatto as he tries to chart the best future path for the much-maligned conference.
Josh Terry scored 27 points to lead Austin Peay to a 71-61 win against Tennessee-Martin on Monday night to remain perfect in Ohio Valley Conference play.
Austin Peay quarterback Trent Caffee has been released from the hospital after being treated for neck and head injuries he suffered against Murray State.
Austin Peay coach Rick Christophel could never imagine playing against Wisconsin in Camp Randall Stadium when he was the first of three brothers to quarterback the Tennessee college back in the early 1970s.
"We have to be better defensively," Austin Peay coach Dave Loos said. "That's the thing that impressed me about Murray last year. That's the best defensive team I've seen in this league I think in my 21 years."