- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
Cowboys CB Newman 1 of oldest players on roster
The Cowboys got Newman with the fifth overall pick in 2003. That was the same draft they got tight end Jason Witten and linebacker Bradie James as part of a rookie class that included undrafted free agent quarterback Tony Romo, who is the oldest of that trio after turning 30 in April.
Newman’s birthday is Sept. 4, a day before offensive lineman Leonard Davis turns 32 and eight days before the season opener at Washington. Kitna, who didn’t take a snap as Romo’s backup last season, will be 38 next month and Brooking will turn 35 during his 13th NFL season.
Newman is signed through 2014 after a six-year contract extension following his first Pro Bowl season. Having all the young guys around now could mean a few less repetitions during the NFL’s longest training camp this summer, which is fine with him.
“This is my eighth year, it’s not like I don’t understand what ‘Cover 4’ or whatever coverage we have, what I’m supposed to do,” Newman said. “It’s good for me. … I’m the old man of the group.”
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.