- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
NUGENT: Go ahead, GOP - make my year
America is watching, so don’t mess up
Maximum thrust momentum is everything in life. The only reason not to charge full steam ahead is to pause tactically to figuratively reload your weapons. As soon as your weapons are recharged, charge full-on again. And then again. You can’t stop a man or a movement who won’t quit. Think the song “Stranglehold.”
Mom and Pop America are hoping and praying for forward momentum from the GOP. They want their country back from the kamikaze death-grip of the weird Democrats. However, if the GOP fails to take bold, decisive action to dramatically reduce the size and power of Fedzilla, the Democrats will return to power in 2012, and, like the Mao Tse Obama curse, we will once again get exactly what we deserve.
The newly commissioned GOP Congress doesn’t need to talk about what it is going to do. The GOP has had plenty of time for cheap chitter-chatter. Just get after it - when in doubt, whip it out, so to speak. Make some political dirt and dust fly. The following are my 2011 New Year’s resolutions for the newly minted GOP Congress:
1. State publicly and often that the GOP Congress will either repeal Obamacare outright or strangle this Fedzilla health-killer beast to death by starving it of taxpayer dollars. Self-reliant Americans detest having it shoved down their throats.
2. Have every GOP representative stand on the steps of the Capitol and pledge never to introduce or support a bill that will harm the private sector or expand the powers of Fedzilla. Do this the first week of January.
3. Strip NPR of our tax dollars. It should not be subsidized by taxpayers, period. Let NPR compete in the marketplace. Same goes for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). Auld lang syne to them.
4. Create a volunteer, independent “Fedzilla SWAT Team” commission of retired successful business guys and gals. Charter them to conduct a top-to-bottom assessment of Fedzilla with the goal of cutting 25 percent from the federal budget over the next four years, with 100 percent transparent accountability. No, really.
5. Immediately halt all federal dollars going to cities that have declared themselves sanctuary cities. They get nothing until they publicly apologize, beg for our forgiveness and promise to act like Americans of whom our Founding Fathers would be proud.
6. Keep the pressure on to kill all earmarks and other wasteful spending. Issue a wallpaper carpet-bomb weekly press release and list of wasteful spending by Fedzilla.
7. Introduce and pass legislation that states that no law, including its amendments, can be longer than 5,000 words, which is roughly the same length as our Constitution.
8. Solicit private donations and erect a monument in honor of Citizens Against Government Waste. I’m good for the first $100.00. I recommend that you put the monument on the lawn of the Capitol.
9. Have Thomas Jefferson’s words “My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government” chiseled on the backrests of the chairs in Congress.
12. Obliterate the ugly Fedzilla tax code and replace it with a Fair Tax or flat tax. Make sure all Americans pay regardless of their income. All Americans need to have flesh in the game.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- NAPOLITANO: A legal way to kill?