- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Diamondbacks snap 7-game skid, beat Mets 9-6
Question of the Day
NOTES: Upton extended his hitting streak to a team-best 15 games. … The Diamondbacks traded away an All-Star pitcher for the second time in a week Friday when they shipped right-hander Edwin Jackson to the Chicago White Sox for rookie Daniel Hudson and prospect David Holmberg. Arizona sent three-time All-Star Dan Haren to the Los Angeles Angels for left-hander Joe Saunders and three other players last week. … Mets C Henry Blanco made a throwing error in the first inning, his first error in 108 games since July 24, 2008, with the Chicago Cubs against Florida. Blanco went 795 chances between errors, according to STATS LLC. … It was Wright’s 15th career multihomer game and second this season. … The previous Mets player to drive in five runs in a game also was Wright, who had six RBIs on Sept. 12 at Philadelphia. … Manuel might rest CF Carlos Beltran on Sunday. … The Mets placed LF Jason Bay (concussion) on the 15-day disabled list and recalled OF Jesus Feliciano from Triple-A Buffalo. … All-Pro tight end Dallas Clark of the Indianapolis Colts took batting practice at Citi Field hours before the game and chatted with Wright in the dugout.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
How does our 50th state view D.C. politics?
White House pets gone wild!