- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
BOOK REVIEW: The extremists in our midst
That wording typifies Aaron Klein and Brenda J. Elliott’s care not to overstate their case, apparently believing it is better to go in the reverse direction and understate it. For, as the book’s title proclaims, Barack Obama has been guided and educated and has immersed himself in the company and causes of communists, socialists, Islamist radicals and bomb-throwers (literal and otherwise) far beyond anything previously imagined of a president of the United States. And that caliber of activist has followed him into the White House.
For example, it is in these pages that we learn of the communist-linked backgrounds of such senior advisers as David Axelrod and Valerie Jarrett, the deep association with Louis Farrakhan’s bigoted Nation of Islam, the left extremist crafters of Obamacare and previously undisclosed details about the president’s ties to terrorist Bill Ayers. No shrinking here from naming names.
If there is one legitimate criticism of this book, it is regarding parts of its structure. “Obama’s Top Guns Exposed,” for example, would have given the volume a stronger start as Chapter 1 rather than as Chapter 10. It also could have used a concluding “wrap-up” chapter.
One can go through the nearly mind-numbing recitation of names, dates and places and possibly be tempted to say - OK, so what does all this prove? But there is not one “smoking gun,” just lots of them adding up to an overall smoking gun that is nothing short of gargantuan.
“Guilt by association” is an irrelevant factor here. This is a view of the world Barack Obama has absorbed all of his life and whose top policymaking threatens the downfall of the United States. How much worse does it need to get than that?
Columnist Diana West reported on Townhall.com that major news organizations refused to review this book, with refusal notes describing it as “absolute crap,” “ridiculous crap,” “sensational rubbish” and “Get a life.” Ah, yes. The wonderful inquiring media minds that want to know - up to a point.
Wes Vernon is a Washington-based writer and veteran broadcast journalist.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers