- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
The King and I: Travels with Elvis’ stepbrother
He tells the audience that Elvis was saved, and that he knows he’s in heaven. As for those who accuse him of using Elvis, he asks: So what?
“I’m ashamed of a lot, but I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the power of God,” he says, pounding on the pulpit rail with each syllable. “Hey, friend. I’ve been Elvis Presley’s stepbrother 51 years. And for 18 months, I was Michael Jackson’s UNCLE.”
They take in about $700.
Stanley says he has never felt “worthy” of the attention. But this is the story God gave him to work with, and he’s going to run with it as long as he can.
“I didn’t ask for this,” he says. “I didn’t ask for ministry.”
Allen G. Breed is a national writer for The Associated Press, based in Raleigh, N.C. He can be reached at features(at)ap.org.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.