- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Caps drop third straight as Hedberg earns shutout
Question of the Day
The three goals in the period equaled the Devils’ total offensive output in the previous three games.
And New Jersey wasn’t done.
Hedberg kept the shutout intact with a sparking glove save on Alexander Semin midway through.
“I liked that glove save,” Hedberg said. “That felt really good. That just gave me some confidence.”
“I’ve never been a guy who had a lot of shutouts, so it’s nice when I get one,” Hedberg said. “I think the guys showed that they really want to help me out, throwing themselves in front of pucks and diving in front of pucks to knock them out of the zone.”
Notes: The Devils presented a video tribute and a moment of silence for Pat Burns before the game. Burns, who died on Friday after a long bout with cancer, coached the Devils to the 2003 Stanley Cup championship. The team will wear memorial “PB” patches for four straight home games. The jerseys will then be signed by the players and auctioned off with the proceeds going to a cancer hospice in Burns’ memory. … Caps RW Mike Knuble missed a second straight game after taking a puck in the face. … The Devils recalled D Mark Frayne from Albany (AHL) on Monday. … Semyon Varlamov, recalled from Hershey (AHL) on Monday, was the Capitals‘ backup goalie. … Semin and Ovechkin each had five shots to lead Washington.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq