- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
NUGENT BOOK REVIEW: A savage display of conservative intellectual firepower
Question of the Day
Trickle Up Poverty
By Michael Savage
William Morrow, $26.99,
Reviewed by Ted Nugent
If Dirty Harry wrote books instead of blowing away bad guys, he would have written “Trickle Up Poverty.” Thankfully, Michael Savage wrote it instead. Instead of wielding a .44 magnum Smith & Wesson and cleaning up the streets of San Francisco like Dirty Harry, Mr. Savage banged away on the keyboard with magnum force and wrote a conservative magnum manifesto in “Trickle Up Poverty.”
While relaxing in my deer blind waiting to put an arrow through the pump station of an ultra-alert Texas whitetail deer, I read Mr. Savage’s new book. Instead of my predator eyes scanning the Texas brush for the slightest hint of movement, I found myself focused instead on Mr. Savage’s dead-eye truth and common-sense words. This may have been the very first time in my hunting life that my predator attention was focused completely on something other than grocery shopping for a whitetail deer.
Many of us know Mr. Savage as the irrepressible, intelligent and highly entertaining AM radio talk-show tour de force. His radio program is the antidote for all things politically correct, status quo, brain-dead and anti-freedom.
Mr. Savage’s no-holds-barred radio speech got him banned from entering the United Kingdom after some liberal Limey socialist bureaucrat claimed Mr. Savage is a provocateur of hate speech. Addicted to free speech and logic, Winston Churchill would have fired the Limey bureaucrat and recommended that the queen make Mr. Savage a knight.
In typical left-wing slash-and-burn politics, liberal goons can’t stand an opposing argument and self-evident truth, which is why they resort to squawking about how conservatives are racist, homophobic and the standard whining when no sound argument can be offered. Mr. Savage crushes these numbskulls in an avalanche of historical references, conservative ideology and common sense. The truth contained in “Trickle Up Poverty” could ultimately set them free, or they can cling to their liberal bias and blindness and remain shackled and enslaved in their hopeless denial. Who needs Comedy Central when the parade of clowns just won’t go away?
“Trickle Up Poverty” is a blazing flamethrower of truth that burns through subjects such as how President Obama’s policies are crushing the middle class, the societal suicide of open borders and illegal immigration, the curse of ACORN, czars, the health care fraud and other such America-destroying horror stories. Written in a passionate, full-auto style and painstakingly researched, each chapter will arm you with a stockpile of intellectual ammo.
Michael Savage swings a literary crowbar of truth and writes with a sledgehammer style. He pulls no punches and goes right for the jugular with facts, not vacuous hyperbole like “hope and change.” Mr. Savage is my kind of radio host and my kind of writer. I crave all things bold, unapologetic, defiant, witty and smart. “Trickle Up Poverty” satisfies my cravings and then some. Read it and then dance naked around the campfire of truth.
If anything, “Trickle Up Poverty” exposes the radical Marxist governing abuses and ideologies of the Obamacrats. Mr. Savage not only exposes how the Marxists in power are doing their best to destroy America, but offers antidotes to their intentional ultra-destructo Saul Alinsky playbook with pragmatic, common-sense solutions that would cause our forefathers to nod proudly in agreement. Mr. Savage is their kind of patriot. Mr. Obama and his army of Fedzillacrats, not so much.
One of my jobs is to cause liberal loons to thrash about in uncontrollable anger. “Trickle Up Poverty” will cause idiots, commies, socialists, Fedzillacrats and various left-wing apologists and assorted bloodsuckers to overheat instantly and then spontaneously combust. Burn, baby, burn.
“Trickle Up Poverty” is intellectual ammunition. Lock and load. Every American who wishes to return to the great American way should read this book and gift it to everybody he cares about.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for