- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Top 25 Preview Capsules
Players to Watch
Arkansas State: DL Bryan Hall is the preseason Sun Belt defensive player of the year.
Facts & Figures
Arkansas State is 1-46-3 against current members of the SEC, while Auburn is 14-0 against Sun Belt teams. The Red Wolves’ lone win came over Mississippi in 1915 (10-0). Arkansas State did upset Texas A&M in the 2008 opener. … Auburn is the only SEC team to return its entire coaching staff this season. The Tigers have the largest senior class (24) in school history. Auburn’s offensive line has four players who have logged a combined 109 starts.
No. 23 Georgia (0-0) vs. Louisiana-Lafayette (0-0), 12:21 p.m. (ESPN3)
Line: Georgia by 28.
Series Record: First meeting.
What’s at Stake
Georgia needs to stay healthy before opening its SEC schedule next week at South Carolina. If the Bulldogs lose to an opponent that’s 0-34 against the SEC, job security questions are surely to become a major issue for Georgia coach Mark Richt.
Georgia WR A.J. Green vs. Louisiana-Lafayette secondary. The Ragin’ Cajuns likely will need to deploy two defenders or zone coverage in defending the All-SEC flanker. His size, strength and speed create a difficult matchup that should leave more room for other targets to run open routes against linebackers.
Players to Watch
Louisiana-Lafayette: RB Julian Shankle has 41 career rushing attempts for 155 yards in a backfield that must replace both starters against Georgia’s new 3-4 front.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.