- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Espn
Dr. Frank Jobe, a pioneering orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless major league pitchers, died Thursday. He was 88.
Let the bidding binges begin.
When Jamie Zaninovich looks at the West Coast Conference men's basketball tournament as commissioner, he envisions two teams from the conference reaching the NCAA tournament and putting the WCC on the national map once more.
Tennessee guard Antonio Barton lost his starting spot and his shooting touch during a difficult senior season, but the Memphis transfer finally is back on the upswing.
The president of ESPN will join three college athletics executives in delivering a Landon Lecture next month at Kansas State University.
Ian Kinsler was expecting this kind of reaction - even if he didn't agree with the way his comments were portrayed.
With a string of recent deals, cable and satellite providers are beginning to acknowledge a brutal truth that companies like Hulu and Netflix have known all along: Many TV viewers, especially young ones, want shows and movies on their own terms - wherever, whenever and on whatever devices they choose.
Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
Not sure how much of an honor it is to be the franchise player of this franchise. After all, the last player to get such an honor in Washington was Fred Davis, and we know how that went. Davis went on to become the Fairfax County Police Department's franchise player as well.
The Redskins have franchise tagged Brian Orakpo but that could be just the beginning of the drama. The linebacker could hold out for a long-term deal, according to a report.
Dish is looking to push back against Comcast, which announced it'll merge with Time Warner. But is Comcast going to be too big to handle?
Richard Jolly, ESPN, England
Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
Harold Reynolds and Tom Verducci will join Joe Buck in the announcers' booth for Fox's Major League Baseball coverage this season.
Buyout season helps the NBA's rich get richer. The remainder of the schedule will determine if they actually got better.