- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Michael Vick’s rehabilitation now almost complete
There are probably a dozen teams around the league who would take Vick right now if they could. Instead, he will be lining up at a position other than quarterback in the Eagles‘ version of the wildcat offense when his team takes on Jacksonville this week.
“There are a lot of teams that don’t have good quarterbacks, ones that they feel like they can win with, and I feel like we can with both of those guys,” he said.
That the conversation now revolves around how Vick plays on the field and not what he once did off the field is an indication of how far he has come since finishing out his 18-month prison sentence barely more than a year ago. Though a recent “Q Score” survey showed him to be the most disliked athlete in the country, the negative response to his comeback has been largely muted.
No, he won’t be hawking shampoo or making Nike commercials. Vick will always be too radioactive for that.
But he has defied the odds to become a legitimate quarterback in the NFL once again.
Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg(at)ap.org
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.