- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
Earl’s biggest damage so far: Business
YARMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — Tropical Storm Earl’s worst damage in New England has been to seasonal businesses hoping to end their summer on a high note.
The storm was far less intense than feared. It dumped heavy rain on Cape Cod cottages and fishing villages Friday but caused little damage. It left clear skies in its wake.
Restaurants and hotels are hoping to salvage their Labor Day weekend business.
The storm made landfall Saturday near Western Head, Nova Scotia. It has been blamed for the death of a man who drowned while trying to secure his boat near Halifax.
And police in Avon, N.J., say a body found Saturday has been identified as that of a swimmer who went missing Thursday in rough ocean surf. The medical examiner’s office hasn’t determined the cause of the man’s death.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again