- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
NFL players return to work
Question of the Day
The longer the lockout is lifted, the better for a rookie class that enters the league with unprecedented uncertainty surrounding their arrival. Getting as much work in as possible, especially for the four quarterbacks taken in the first 12 picks, is paramount as they make the adjustment from college to the NFL.
“Yeah, it’s going to be huge and for me as a rookie quarterback,” said Florida State’s Christian Ponder after being drafted 12th by the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday. “It’s all about putting in my time and getting myself prepared for whatever role I’m going to have this coming season.
“So I know I’m going up there (Friday) and I already asked coach if I was going to have a playbook. And he said yeah, there will be one ready for me and we’re going to talk some ball once I get up there so I’m excited about it.”
AP Football Writers Arnie Stapleton and Barry Wilner and AP Sports Writers Dennis Waszak, Tom Canavan, Stephen Hawkins, Mike Cranston, R.B. Fallstrom, Larry Lage, Mark Long, Tom Withers and Joseph White contributed to this report.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq