- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
WEDDING WATCH: A kiss on the palace balcony
Question of the Day
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (aka Wills and Kate) have emerged from Westminster Abbey to the ringing of wedding bells, a roar of cheers and a throng of news photographers. They then hopped into their open carriage for their ride around the neighborhood.
And off they go.
One of the latest hymns sung at the wedding, “Jerusalem” (“And did those feet, in ancient times …”) is the closest thing to a national hymn for the English. Among those outside Britain, it might be more likely to evoke a certain Monty Python episode _ the one where a bed salesman keeps singing the hymn as a couple of newlyweds, still dressed as bride and groom, try to make a purchase.
A versatile hymn indeed.
Need a break from all this ceremony? If you’re in Britain, here’s a look at what’s showing on some of the channels that aren’t airing live wedding coverage:
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow